remote breathers

I'm going to sort out the remote breathers on my 110. questions is what has remote breathers and where are they?

the front and rear axles are easy enough, but what about the gearbox (LT77) and transfer box (LT230R) and are there any others?

I'm planning to make my own breather pipes, I have some silicone tube here that seems the same bore as the remains of the axle breathers, anyone have any kints and tips for this?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Referring back to the old Range Rovers they had the 2 axles the g/box and t/fer box engine is probably obvious. The silicone tubing might be too soft and collapse on bends I would go for the clear plastic tube with the nylon braiding in it if you can get some the size you need..

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Go and see your local compressed air man.

The existing hoses on the transfer case and gear box are close to 6.5mm nylon compressed air hose.

Buy right angle compression type fittings ( with the olives ) an 6.5 pipe side.

Some joiners for the 6.5mm nylon onto the the breathes on the gearbox & transfer case.

Take these all up into the engine bay onto a manifold.

Put a regulator onto your onboard compressed air system and set it up for 3 or 4 pounds, a couple of solidoinds and away you go, flick a switch and you pressurise your diffs for going though water...

Reply to
max