Removing Defender stickers - experiences?

Hi all, I am considering removing the faded Defender stickers from my white 90, you know the ones diagonally across the door and along the sides. I have some nice Camel Trophy stickers to go in their place. The original Defender stickers are very faded and look a bit of a mess. I have picked a bit with my fingernails and it seems to disintegrate so getting it off could be a challenge. I am wondering if there are any good suggestions for ways to remove it, and also whether I am likely to have any problems with the paint either lifting, or not matching the sun attacked original paint.

Cheers for any help,

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Gibbs

Hi Dave, Use a hairdryer, which will soften the adhesive, peel them off and thne use white spirit or meths to remove the residue. Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

|| Hi Dave, || Use a hairdryer, which will soften the adhesive, peel || them off and thne use white spirit or meths to remove the residue. || Cheers, John

Hairdryer, then plastic scraper if they're stubborn - I use a scraper intended for removing softened varnish from wood, but a cfredit card would probably do as well. Remove the remainder as above, then a light T-Cut of the whole panel if there's a colour difference due to UV fading.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

In article , John Stokes writes

Suggest a slight variation: use WD40 or "Orange Glo" on the residue, then white spirit or meths to remove the WD40...

It's a bit quicker.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

|| Suggest a slight variation: use WD40 or "Orange Glo" on the residue, || then white spirit or meths to remove the WD40...

Ah, but how do you remove the white spirit and meths? :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:53:00 +0100, Dave Gibbs enlightened us thusly:

Make 'em warm. On a dark coloured truck, parking it in full sunlight on a hot day works. I guess a hair dryer might be enough... Get it right and they peel off.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

methadone

HTH nigelh