Bikini top into door surrounds

I just picked up a bikini top for my '01 TJ, and I'm having a heck of time getting the sides into the grooves in the door surrounds. I can get one side in, but the opposite side is just a fraction too short to flip up and in, no matter how hard I try.

I'm leaving it out in the sun today to see if it will stretch a bit. A previous post mentioned it's a common problem, and pulling with pliers might help.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Reply to
Wry-mouth

What bikini top do you have? Mine requires that I remove the surrounds and also 'bolt on' a header bar. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Reply to
Wry-mouth

Ah. Mine wraps and velcroes around the bar. I can see the clipping into the surrounds being a handy feature if it would work. Not that it is hard to take the surrounds off tho, just another step like putting on the header each time. Maybe try wetting it up real good (soak) and it might stretch? Or maybe the surrounds need to go.

By the way this is the header bar that I use and thus have no extra holes drilled:

Tomes

Reply to
Tomes