Returning member.

G'day all.

i have been absent from this group for quite som time now (a year or so), due mainly to the fact that i have been without a land rover. however, this morning this deficiency was rectified as a beautiful series 3 2.6 six-pot LWB hard-top arrived at my doorstep. paid $2750aus for it with a RWC (MOT for the brits in the group).

the odo says 61,000 miles, and i know it is only a 100,000 mile clock, but the overall condition suggests that it hasn't done anywhere near 160,000, or

260,000 for that matter. The paint work (the standard rover tan colour that's on almost all s3's in oz) appears to be original and is still shiny. it is very original. only mods being quite a modest bull-bar, high-backed seats using original landy bases, roof-rack and removeable 2 person forward facing seat in the back.

while it is all running sweetly at the moment (motor is a little gutless but sure is a smooth donk), i am sure it won't be long till little things start popping up so am grateful in advance for the help you will all give me and hope i can give a little back.

paid $2750aus for it with a RWC (MOT for the pommies).

cheers.

sam

Reply to
Samuel

Of course with it being from Oz, the 'modest' bull-bar will consist of a structure strong enough to fend off a herd of rampaging wildebeest! ;-)

Reply to
SimonJ

Please, please, please ..... apply a little use of the grey matter when replying to posts - there aren't any wildebeest in the land of Oz, they've got 'roos to run into and they hurt a load more than a wildebeest ever would hence the OTT looking bullbars. :)

Reply to
EMB

He didn't say there were any wildebeest. Only that there were bull-bars strong enough to fend off a herd of them, existent or otherwise.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Or in Torquay for that matter.

Reply to
SimonJ

I'm sure all the FWD suppliers here are looking forward to the contents of your wallet too, as they do mine.

What part of Oz are you in? I can help you with supplier details if you're anywhere near Brisbane.

Karen

[...]

Karen Gallagher

You got me there simon!!

in fact, i'm not much of a fan of the bull-bars myself. in between landrovers, i owned an hj45 toyota landcruiser (don't hold that against me, they are bloody good cars though) and took the bull-bar off that and replaced it with the original bumper. now that was a REAL bull-bar. 20cm wide sheet of steel around the bottom and big fat steel tube everywhere else. strong enough to ward off an elephant. 'cept i bent the bastard on a boulder while out 4wd'ing

only problem with my new landie is that the bull-bar is holding up a very nice pair of driving lights. ain't that just a shame.

Cheers.

Sam.

Reply to
Samuel