MOT - Alfie passed :-)

Why is it when you get all psyched up for a fail they go and pass the MOT , :-) 5 years in a row, ... must be a record :-)

But the Icing on the cake was the MOT lads comments as he emerged from under the bonnet and the pit..

"Very Tidy!" ...I'd have paid for that alone :-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Nice one Lee. Steve

Reply to
Steve

I try to make it as dirty as possible. Make 'em work for thier fee. Besides you'd be amazed what you can hide underneath 1/2in of congealed oil and mud.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

First time I took Percy they asked my to clean the underside before taking him back... I went a little further and totally rebuilt him :-)

I'd jet washed Alfie prior to going in... twice. Would have done it at home but had little one with me which makes the logistics of even washing the car on the drive a nightmare. I'd fitted the rear wheel arch to mud flap pannels (Thanks to Richard @ Beamends £25 cheaper than my normal supplier) last night and the mudflaps are back in place... not a tart accessory, more for preservation of the front end of our caravan.

Trouble with mud and muck is it holds moisture in and whilst it will hide the multitude of sins it will also promote further rot... but don't for one second get me wrong, this Rangie sees it's fair share of off road entertainment on top of the school run.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

I'd refuse to test it

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

On or around Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:30:33 -0000, "Andy.Smalley" enlightened us thusly:

hehe. that is of course one of the legit reasons for refusing a test.

I got advised about front NS damper, on the grounds that there was so much oil about the place that he couldn't tell if it was leaking.

luckily he believed me that it was nearly new. (it was, in fact)

got a more oil-tight engine now.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I always think when vehicles come in caked in mud and crap and no effort has been made to clean it either the person is stupid or they're trying to hide something In either case I make sure I put my glasses on to test it extra closely

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley