Alternator

Anyone have an alternator for a 1984 2.5D lying around perchance? or can anyone suggest a company that'll do a recon exchange?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

It's a year or so since I've bought a Landy comic, but I recall that one of the parts suppliers was selling brand-new 45 amp 90/110 alternators for about forty quid outright.

Reply to
QrizB

Twas Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:36:58 GMT when snipped-for-privacy@dev.nul (QrizB) put finger to keyboard producing:

That'd be nice.. I've been looking through LRO, LRM and LRW's that I have here and not found cheaper than below \/ \/

I've just had a look at paddocks... STC229 Alternator A127 45amp -non air con- Lucas 24199 62.00 RTC5218E Alternator A133 65amp -air con 59.50 RTC5680 Alternator A127 65amp - air con - Lucas 24220 69.25

Question 1, which alternator do I have now (1984 110 csw 2.5 nad)? Question 2, can I fit the £59.50 65 amp one to my engine without modifying any moundings, wireing etc? (I intend to split charge to a leisure battery to run gubbins from so I fancy a beefyer alternator, and as I'm buying now...

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

At a guess, the first one is the one to fit. However, phone Kaid

- I've had two alternators from them in the last year (for different vehicles!) at very reasonable prices. They even sent me the right ones first time :)

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Twas Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:00:48 +0000 when William MacLeod put finger to keyboard producing:

Thanks, I've ordered a recon exchange from them.