Road Angel and 200Tdi

My new Road Angel works fine in the car but has difficulty tracking sats in the 200Tdi. I think it may be due to the near vertical windscreen not allow a good view of the sky. Anyone else noticed this?

Reply to
Peter

Nope, though mine's a 300 Tdi Disco..

I use a Pocket PC (Mitac Mio 168) with built-in GPS receiver and TomTom software and have little trouble tracking. My problems come on start-up, it sometimes takes a couple of minutes to lock on enough satellites to start a journey ... but as most go out the same way it's mostly just an annoyance than a problem. Once 'caught' they stay on pretty much solidly, other than in the usual, forests, cities etc.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Ive got an old 'new' road angel in my golf - and that takes an age to find a signal.

Im thinking of doing a part ex on it for a new new one.

Ive not tried it in my defender. Ive got an external antenna from Expansys somewhere - it improves things a lot, but i dont use it anymore.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I keep meaning to get an external antenna, but tuits are getting rare ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I belive you'll need a round one. My 200 had no problem with my Madgellan Roadmate but the 300's heated front screen caused the problems you mention. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB