Roof racks on defenders bolted down?

List,

Are roof racks on defenders usually bolted down in the gutter? I'm asking because I've been proposed one that does. It's a bit old but in good shape apart from some of the legs being slightly bent.

Cheers,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

They usually clamp around the gutter but I had a heavy-duty one made once that bolted through the gutter, worked very well too.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

we had a brownchurch on that bolted on to the gutter. worked very well. The new on I made (ladder type rack) bolts at the front as I have 4 lights on it but the back part I made as a clamp on so I could remove it when not needed. Richard

Reply to
Richard

The unknown roofrack I have on my D110 is from a D90 and it just clamps to the gutter, I have had up to 70kg on there with no problems. I haven't seen one that bolts to the gutter, but I haven't been looking either.

Wolverine, Big Red 110 CSW.

Reply to
Wolverine

Reply to
John Stokes

Mine's bolted to the gutter, is floored in marine ply, carries 4 lights up front and 2 at the back and survived whacking a large tree branch on its front l/h edge. It just moved back two inches and once all the bolts were relaxed it slid back into place without a worry.

David.

110 CSW
Reply to
DNS