RRC Disc protectors

Hi

On our 1985 RRC there are metal shields protecting the rear disc brakes. One of these shields broke loose a while ago and I removed it. The second one is rattling and has a fracture in it. I have removed it too.

Should I bother replacing them with new ones? The vehicle is used as my wifes daily car around Johannesburg, South Africa and very seldom used for holidays etc. (Petrol consumption not permitting!!)

Thanks Paul

Reply to
bob

bob uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Depends how much dirt it's likely to get thrown at is as the dirt will get jammed between the disc and the pads resulting in scored discs and premature wear. Also road spray from rain (assuming you get that now and then) will settle on the discs rendering them very wet and less stopping power as a result.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D