Selling my Disco

Okay People some advice needed,

I have a Disco 2.5 TDI 7 seater, 1993 on a K plate, MOT last November and passed with flying colours. It has chequerplated back bumper, gas suspension all round, chequerplate on the bottom of the doors, waxoyled. New Drivers seat, good tryres, cubby box. Stacks of work done on it, probably totalling £3000 uk pounds int he last two years. It has a new gearbox and clutch - so no banging on gearchange.

I am thinking it is time now to part with it and get a 110 CSW.

What sort of price should I be asking?

Andrew Renshaw

£5k ish mebbe?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I paid £3500 for a stock 7 seater K reg TDIs a year ago. I think you may be pushing it a bit at £5k, but then again, people pay what they pay. If it looks nice you may get rather more from a "Ohh! Shiny!" type than from a denizen of this group.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

I had a look at some ads for similar vehicles and in some price guides, a few around for £4500, I added £500 for the extras and work done.

Personally I'd not be tempted by 'extras' and I'd ask 'why sell a vehicle you've recently spent £3k on? what's wrong with it?'.

maybe more like £4500 with some bargening room?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Mr Nice while drinking another Sherry said:-

To which I reply while waiting for a chinese to be delivered:

Well we need the luggage space and my 4 kids (well the one who sits in the back) are starting to complain about travelling sideways. It would be far better to have six forward facing. Especially if in a few months time we do drive through Africa. The extra load space would be good for holidays as well.

Yours

Andrew Renshaw

I probably have not spent much less in a year on my 94 M plate 300Tdi 3 door in a year, that's going to go into the local rag for £4500 ono, after I give it a good valet. I might also put it on eBay and see how it goes.You could try that and set the reserve for the minimum you would accept for it - but you would have to be realistic with the reserve.

Steve

Reply to
StaffBull

Not far from me either !!!

Reply to
StaffBull

Paul Burrell might be available.... TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

I have a 110 csw and holiday with 3 kids and 2 dogs, everything fits in the LR with 2 small boxes on the roof rack.

If you wanted more seating you could get, at a push, 4 forward facing seats in the rear part, but you'd lose all your storage space.

If I had 4 kids to carry regularly (our 2 older boys don't usually holiday with us), I'd look at fitting a dog guard further back than usual and using a side-facing seat behind the row of 3 accessed by folding the middle row, this would leave the rear-door access solely for 'gear' which you could pile to the roof. If you wanted a forward facing seat for your 4th you could fit one there but it'd take up alot more of your storage space.

Need to brew some more coffee now.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Sun, 09 Jan 2005 11:32:52 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

there's no way you'd get 4 forward-facing seats in the back of CSW, or not the ones I had. maybe there are smaller ones available.

I did hoverer make a successful 3-forward-facing bench for the back of the disco.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On reflection you are quite right.

maybe if you could get fairly small seats and space them for 'child' size.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.