Series 2 Chassis Repair

Hi again

Thanks to all that replied to my previous post regarding the above,

I have just got one query and that is I am thinking that a new rear qtr chassis might be the way to go, and i just wanted to get an idea of the work involved. Does the rear tub have to come off to weld the top of the chassis or will the center rear floor come up to give enough access?

Thanks to all and Merry Landy Christmas

John

Reply to
John

Ideally you will remove the rear tub. The alternative method is to break/drill out all the rivets on the floor and remove it, thus giving u access to the top of the chassis rails. Putting the floor back neatly can be a challenge afterwards tho. I have seen it done by jacking the tub up a bit and poking the stick of an arc welder in to weld, which is not possible with MIG welding. As long as it's not a

4-door station wagon removing the rear tub is fairly easy, simply remove the seatbox, undo the sill support bracket and unbolt the tub from the chassis front and rear.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

If not a stick welder then no problem with oxy/acetylene to get at it. Personally I wouldn't bother with a rear quarter, what's left there to weld to? Marsland chassis is the way to go, easier and cheaper in the long run and everything will refit perfectly. YKIMS.

Martin

Reply to
Oily