series rear tubs

hiya

just fitting a replacement rear tub and ,,,,,

well, my old tub only had fixings that bolted on top of the centre x-member the two that should fix to the outriggers were completely corroded.

now, the replacement tub is in quite good fettle, but there are no (and looks like there never was) andy centre x-member fixing points, only two outrigger fixing points.

does anyone know how land rover fixed there tubs? was there inner fixing points on series 3`s and outers on series 2`s or are they all the same.

chees

andy

Reply to
Andy

I'm just looking at a bare late SIIA LWB chassis and there are four mounts on the front of the tub and five on the rear, plus six underfloor supports which had a single bolt through and some material similar to the axle straps between the floor and the support.

I've also seen some supports on the insides of the wheel arches.

Now whether the chassis has had added/removed mounts over the years is another matter. And whether there was differences between UK build and CKD build overseas is also a moot question.

Reply to
Me at Home

Every series 3 tub i have had has had 4 fixing point (2 inner and 2 outer) However, I think that on later S3's the 2 inner mouting points are only in the form of brackets that bolt between the tub and the chassis, so it is possible that the bracket could be missing.

Reply to
Tom Woods