Slightly OT: MOT Test

On or around Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:56:30 +0100, John Greystrong enlightened us thusly:

I now find the local place has no more slots available this week. MOT therefore not 'til next week. Arse and arse.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

from 6am monday morning to 1pm saturday It is a truck and van dealer so was done to test the vans at night when in for service etc from businesses & van hire places and also there are lot of other truck and van dealers around so we used to do 2 or 3 a night then more and more people started coming at night I had people phone at 2 in the morning to ask if they can bring their car down there and then I mean your laid in bed can't sleep so do you get up watch a bit of tv, read a book no I know I'll mot the car I think some people thought it might be easier to get a pass if it's at night, not with me, I'm a right mardy bastard when I'm tired

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

On or around Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:01:15 +0100, "Andy.Smalley" enlightened us thusly:

's a bit like 24H tescos, surprising how mnay insomniacs there are about the place.

's a pity I can't bring the car up there...

Apparently, if the system goes down you phone the technical bods and they give you an incident number. Once you have the incident number, you can then carry on testing... I suggested that the trick would be to sabotage the computer first thing in the morning...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Andy.Smalley wrote: [...]

Too right. I assume VOSA don't visit overnight either?

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

that's right it's just no-ones there after 10pm

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

not that I know of I think they only have one 2 o'clock in their day

Reply to
Andy.Smalley