Speedo

My Disco 300 is an import.

Because of this its speedo is in Km.. I would like to try and get one one miles.

Any idea where is best to go for one?

Reply to
www.cyberstitch.co.uk

You can get a doink that converts it, costs pennies.

Reply to
Nige

Hi Nige - its not the dial I want to change but the kilometer readout into a miles one - also the rpm guage hops all over so I wonder if just changing the whole unit will help.

Reply to
www.cyberstitch.co.uk

Hi Nige - its not the dial I want to change but the kilometer readout into a miles one - also the rpm guage hops all over so I wonder if just changing the whole unit will help.

Reply to
www.cyberstitch.co.uk

On or around Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:47:11 -0000, "

" enlightened us thusly:

the rev counter is driven off the alternator and erratic readings mean, normally, either the alternator is iffy or a loose connection. note that the alternators (I think) have an earth strap to the engine block.

Reply to
Lord Austin the Ebullient of Happy Bottomshire

You can get a gear that alters the output to be in MPH not KMH, the dial stays the same.

Reply to
Nige

That's the usual scenario Austin, but here's another for you. My rev counter has been acting up for a couple of days and it turns out the water pump is leaking slightly from the seal and occasionally water gets on to the pulley and/or belt as the engine warms up from cold and it only leaks for a short while and then when you stop to look, it's OK. Only sussed it when it started leaking a bit more and was noticeable. (200 Tdi)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

excellent. Any idea where I can get one from?

Reply to
www.cyberstitch.co.uk