STOLEN FROM LANCASHIRE - RED 1992 110 CSW

Dear Group,

Unfortunately I've fallen victim to a bunch of b@st@rds who stole my

110 last night.

Pictures at

It's got extra brake lights and the reversing on lights in the roof line, a couple of spare tyres chucked in the boot, bent side steps and the front nearside wheel is smaller than the rest (temporary spare while I got two punctures fixed - don't need to do that now !

If you see it please call Lancashire Police 0845 1253545 or contact me via this group / my e-mail address!

Thanks,

Gavin ex 200tdi 110 CSW owner.

Reply to
Embo

PS Reg is (was) K402 VFV

Reply to
Embo

Bastards.

Not being arsey, or non sympathetic, but did you have any security on it?

I worry about mine being nicked.......

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

It did have a decent steering lock on it, but not decent enough !

If I ever get it back, or get a new one I think I'll go for barbed wire and 24v charge !

Arse, arse, arse !

Gavin.

Reply to
Embo

On mine, Ive wired in a cutoff switch between the earth of the starter motor and the battery.

Ive done it like this so that the starter motor wont work without the switch in, but the radio does not loose its station settings cause that annoys the hell out of me!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Radio, whats one of those?

Reply to
Nige

Put a hidden switch on the white wire out of the fuse box (200Tdi Defenders), this knobbles the glow plugs (pretty irrelevant) and the cut-off solenoid, which will apparently cause enough delay to most theives to put them off.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I'm curious, how did you manage that? Join all the chassis earth braids together and then to the isolator? Earth returns are notorious for a) failing b) finding any alternative path, like the speedo cable.

Reply to
GbH

On the krautwagen the factory-fitted battery isolator interrupts the connection between the battery and the chassis, i.e. the negative return to the battery itself. There's a relay that bypasses it once the engine is running as apparently if the isolator is turned off while the engine is running it can build up nasty voltages on the alternator and knacker it. So once the engine's running you can in theory take the isolator out. Quite handy if the isolator is 33 years old like mine as it's a bit dodgy!

Once you do that you can run cables between the radio and the battery directly, but you have to make sure that no metalwork touches the radio otherwise it can act as a return earth to the battery for the rest of the vehicle. Alternatively ISTR there being some devices that contained batteries that would keep the radio memory live while there was no power to it.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I cant remember exactly how it is wired up, but it is fitted to the front of the passenger seat bottom, near where the battery is, and its attached to the earth cable of the battery.

All i know is that when the switch is out, the dash is dead, and turning the key does c*ck all.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Ive seen some device that site on the +ve side of the battery, actually fitted to the battery terminal. When a bit is screwed in, it is normal. Once this bit is removed, its only got a 'fuse' wire connecting the battery. Its enough for ancillaries, but as soon as the starter tries to drawer the current, it breaks so it wont start.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Funny really I have (had) an isolator switch in the landy do something similar this weekend, but won't be doing that now !

Is there a way to amend posts once posted as it might be a good idea to remove some of these good ideas at some point in case the b@st@rds read them !

Anyway, on the assumption that I'll never see my landy again, what shall I get next? I love the 110, but was wondering about a Disco or old Range Rover? I'd prefer diesel and should get about =A34,000 back from the insurers?

Reply to
Embo

i think you can only remove your own posts....

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I'd be wary of doing that incase it tried to earth down something else and melts it.

if you put a cut off in the main battery feed and then run a fused 'bypass' wire (say 10A or so) across it your radio wont loose its settings, but the fuse will blow if someone tries to start it without the switch turned.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around 10 Nov 2006 04:09:53 -0800, "Embo" enlightened us thusly:

we've got a 300 TDi disco for sale

email me, removing the spamtrap for preference, if yer interested.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

A tatty old series, the T leaves ought to leave that alone. I have had mine broken into, but never nicked. (he says checking the window just to make sure)

Reply to
Larry

As much as I'd like a series vehicle we need a 'big' car that both my wife and I can drive, and I'm just too small and weak to drive a series vehicle, and I like to have a heater that works, and I don't like water falling on me when it's raining..........................or is that someone else's voice?

The series will have to wait until I can justify 3 cars, mind you I need to be able to 'keep' two at the moment !

G.

Reply to
Embo

Well to be honest given the current weather I am feeling like that at the moment as well

Reply to
Larry

I used Fabsil canvas waterproofing liquid on my canvas, works a treat. Water can even pool on the roof if I leave it loose and not soak through. I bought it from Cotswolds camping and hiking store on the outskirts of Reading, I'd imagine it's not that hard to get hold of.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

any camping shop should sell it. I also used fabsil on my rag. It takes about 2.5L to do a whole ragtop.

Reply to
Tom Woods