Looking back.....

I've just finished work...driven back home through Hanley City Centre on the busiest night of the year....in the 101 :-)

Loads of drunks stopping in their tracks wondering exactly how much they had drunk....

Pulled up on the drive gentle so as not to disturb the neighbours.... well as Gentle as it gets in a 101 at 1.30am

Hoped out of the 101...slowly shut door to keep down the noise....

walked away...Looking back... feeling cooool!!! and fell over my Granada Scorpio... why are normal cars so bloody low down!

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

in article HaOEb.6820$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net, Lee_D at snipped-for-privacy@histerminalhat.freeservecoat.co.uk wrote on

20/12/03 2:08 am:

lol ;-) junk the scorpio...

Reply to
David Sillitoe

We had a visitor to work last week who hit another car in the car park because he was looking at the Beast and not where he was going..... He didn't get the piss taken out of him.....much!!!! All caught on camera too. He was coming for an interview too........

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (ex-Girlfriend, at the moment......) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

One of my mates asked me last weekend how i'd managed to strip all the paint off my 101 so quick, and if i was keeping the shiny look :)

He then told me that my 101 was too slow when he had to follow me up Keele hill from stationary. I was going to blame this on you too, but it was actually me this time!.. I remember being so chuffed with how fast i managed to get it up the hill on that occasion too! :(.

I tripped over my saab 900 the other day!. The bloody thing is longer than the 101 too!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Got me racking my Brains then for a minute or to... Can only recall most recent Landie trip up Keele bank was in Percy... neeedless to say Speed wasn't the issue... we were gaining altitude like a Fighter plane... Morph does have a more Hurculese transport plane approach to banks thou to :-)

Must get some paint.....

Reply to
Lee_D

We were late getting back from the All Rover Weekend so I decided to do my 'reverse down the road and coast to park' trick - which keeps the noise to an absolute minimum. Worked purrfectly, gliding into the space outside Poggle Wood. I turned the engine off, got out, closed the door quietly, went around to the back and very gently opened the back door to let Max out and grab our bags. Closed the door with a gentle clunk. Very proud not to have disturbed the neighbours, I turned, knocked my leg on the tow hitch on the trailer and shouted - very loudly a couple of words I usually reserve for the times I bang my leg on the tow hitch on the trailer...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother