Stung!

I've just been ripped off over the price of RTC6607 instrument panel/warning light bulbs.

At £2.51 + VAT each - that's almost £3 - someone's making a good profit. Is it Land Rover or the dealer or, more likely, both?

Does anyone have Land Rover's official retail price?

Dougal

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:57:05 +0100, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

frankly, unless the bulbs are extremely odd, then caveta emptor and don't buy such things from the dealer.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I bought one similar for my dash digi clock. About that price, which was cheaper than the official LR price.

I used to have a load of bulb holders that the small capless bulbs fitted in to, but have lost them. LR bulbs are capless in holders, but the contacts are soldered on to the holder's terminals.

Grab some the next time you're in a breakers yard.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

You'll get them in most decent motor factors and Halfords - BUT, be wary of the wattage - stick with the standard wattage or you'll melt the bulb holder in the instrument and they are not replaceable!!!!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Buckley

I've been trying for ages to find 12v 1.7w capless bulbs same size as a 501 sidelight bulb but can't find em anywhere even at the dealers (Suzuki motorcycle)

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

What you are describing sounds like the dash bulbs on my Honda Blackbird. Available ex stock from Honda main dealers...

Reply to
Danny