Sunroof leaks

I have a 2001 LR Discovery II and started having sunroof leaking problems. By a search on google it seems that I could have clogged drain pipes. The problem is that I can't find anyone who has listed how they found the drain pipes and what I have to take apart in order to find them. Help!

Reply to
Brian

In message , Brian writes

The sunroofs have two drain tubes each. Both at the front of the roof, one in each corner. Removing the inside trim around the sunroof will enable you to gently pull down the head lining enough to see the tubes. But you wont be able to reach them without possibly damaging the head lining. Proper access to repair sunroof requires the headlining to be removed.

The tubes run down through he car and exit about chassis level.

You could try to blow them clear with an air line but if they are very blocked you might dislodge the pipe from the frame.

Don't assume you have got blocked tubes just because you read it on the net. The sealant around the "hoppers" that feed the tubes can fail too.

Have a look at how well the outside frame of the sunroof sits against the roof. If you can see gaps around it then the only real cure is a new sunroof, but a good smear of sealant will do, You will need to keep checking it to make sure the sealant is not degrading.

Good luck

Reply to
Marc Draper

I had the similar problem with the Rangie nylon strimmer wire is good for poking down the channels flexible and unlikely to do damage then run water through to flush it out its easier on the Rangie with the roof opened fully you can access the channel and drain holes without any dismantling Derek

Reply to
Derek