The Mean Machines...

Anyone seen the latest series of Mean Machines on Discovery channel - Landrover taking on Jeep ? Guess who won. 3 points to 1.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Which model of LR and Jeep? And was the one point won by the Jeep for on-tarmac performance? ;)

Apropos, does anyone know of any "serious" off roader comparison, say Defender vs. Merc G-Wagen vs Santana vs Land Cruiser vs Lada Niva (don't laugh...) or something along those lines?

Geo

Reply to
Geo

D3 against a tricked up Cherokee I think. I got the impression the Jeep driver knew more than the D3 driver, and still lost. The soft ride on the Jeep was a serious disadvantage I think.

nd was the one point won by the Jeep for

ground clearance, over pumpkins !

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

It was a Jeep Commander, a butt ugly car. It won on ground clearance as the D3 driver didn't use the suspension lift option!

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

They showed the suspension lift system being deployed on the D3, but the Jeep driver manouevred his diff around the pumpkins - which only works if there is enough space to the side to do so. The Jeep would have been hornswoggled by a high enough lump in the middle of a narrow route.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor