Those concrete vehicle barriers...

Well Tim, they certainly don't make them like the used to. put my '73 164 volvo against my S3 head to head, i dont reckon there would be a great deal of difference. both built like brick shithouses and both way almost exactly the same.

Sam.

Reply to
Samuel

Aye, and to be honest I wouldn't want to crash in either. Weight counts for a lot, but the way a car absorbs energy is the important thing, not how it looks after the crash.

If I was going to have an accident with my 2 year old in the back? I'd take my Volvo over FiL's Mazda every time, not to mention over most Land Rovers ever made.

I'm still getting a lot of stick. To add insult to injury my father-in-law is, as the third party, getting a courtesy car whilst they touch up his bumper. I'm off the road for 9 days with only the offer of a special price on a hire car. Hurrrumph...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Landies are more fun though, I hit a rock with the side step, bent up the side step something rotten, but did not impede my progress in any way :)

Reply to
Larry