101 Ambulance stolen - Warrington

STOLEN - RHD 101 Ambulance - UDH 357W

taken from Chesford Grange, Woolston, Warrington, Cheshire, some time between Friday the 12th and Sunday the 14th of May

This is a NON RUNNER so will have been a planned theft.

Chassis Number: 95601292A

It is original apart from the back that has been striped out of all it's ambulance parts as you can see from the photo's and a few modifications to the wiring system.

Front furniture retainers have been removed, as have the front fog lights.

Mother

Worrying, cos who would want a 101 but an enthusiast, and to think that we have tea leaves in our enthuiast community is not a good thing.

How did they carry it away ?

Reply to
Larry

Not necessarily though - could be a "trader", or stolen for export, or just scrap as the ally is worth a bit in an ambi.

I suspect that if the owner knew this, he and the police may be a little closer to nabbing the little gits.

Reply to
Mother

On Tue, 16 May 2006 09:47:57 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

barstewards...

All these 101's getting nicked is becoming a worrying trend.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Tue, 16 May 2006 10:02:49 +0100, "Larry" enlightened us thusly:

It's got to be a big trailer or a tranporter. I suppose it could have been towed, but I can't say as I'd fancy it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

This sort of thing is getting too frequent for my liking.

We used a big trailer with a winch when we collected our Ambi which was also a non-runner and we needed another 101 to tow that.

I am very glad ours are kept in a locked yard out of public view. I think we will be increasing the security/suveillance level.

Lizzy

Reply to
LizzyTaylor

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother"

Reply to
Pete M

bummer :(

I thought that my 101 would be safe since it is a non-runner too

I should probably step up my security plans and get the CCTV in.

Reply to
Tom Woods

probably

reminder: CCTV is not preventative - only a ground anchor can effectively stall a determind thief.

Reply to
William Tasso

You wanna bet? I know someone who had a very nice Yamaha motorbike which he had in a secure, locked, CCTV covered garage, chained to 2 ground anchors.

He was mighty pissed to find his pride and joy had been knicked despite all this.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

If someone can manage to steal an immobile 101 then what can you do to stop them stealing anything?

I could set 2 of those locakable posts (like carparks often have) across my drive for when i go away. Only other way out involves knocking down a wall which the neighbours should notice!

CCTV should put people off even if it doesnt stop them.

Reply to
Tom Woods

In article , William Tasso writes

Also, if these are being stolen to order (heaven forfend, but it does look plausible), the chances are that groups like this one are actively monitored. In which case, this supports William's comment: you probably do need to take quite active precautions...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Tracker...

Additionally, you could fit a vehicle tracking unit. I suspect one of the crappy battery driven ones designed for trailers would go unnoticed on the roof for the while (especially if you paint it grey or something).

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Tue, 16 May 2006 22:33:58 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

You can't, ultimately. You can only make it more difficult.

petrol-driven disc cutter through the locks. If anyone questions you, well, the owner asked you to come and cut 'em off 'cos he'd lost the keys...

it might deter. then again, if they can see the camera they can sabotage that first.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Put a sign up - "Hidden Cameras" - it keeps them guessing and wasting what they would regard as their valuable time.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I would echo the earlier post regarding trackers. If you have a cherished and rare vehicle like a 101 then fitting a tracking device is a great idea, physical security and CCTV are useful but if the thieving gits are really determined they will get it. At least if you fit a tracker you have a reasonable chance of getting it back. (no need to fit on the roof, they are totally hidden in the vehicle). On an everyday car it aint worth it as most of us probably wouldn't want a car back that has been nicked and maybe abused but for something like a 101 or other landie that you have probably spent hours of work and time on it is irreplaceable really.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Yeah - I was suggested the roof for a trailer tracking device. They generally 'stick on' and have a replaceable / chargeable battery. They also need line of sight to the sky.

Key thing is - don't advertise that it's fitted, or it's the first thing they cut off...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Whats the typical cost Tim, I'm very very interested all of a sudden.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

And probably cheaper than the 100 odd quid a year for Tracker subscription. Mind, Tracker does work pretty well and they sent a guard to look after a car found by Tracker while the police arrived (6 hours later).

Reply to
Mother

Mines ?

It gets worse though, anyone it seems can hire a builders lorry with a crane on the back and clear off with anything including a Henry Moore sculpture, which is probably scrap now. Even with four sturdy wheelclamps a landie could be lifted this way. A tracker would at least give some chance of knowing where it is once nicked.

Reply to
Larry