To France and beyond !

Hi Happy people, Anyone any experience of taking tax-exempt landy to visit this lot? I hear the politzei have an aversion to military looking vehicles and want them off the roads, can I expect any probs with the absence of seat belts and tax on my series 1 ? T I A

Reply to
h HOWE

Well, France shouldn't be a problem. Apparently they are quite civilised over there. I've heard they can cook nearly as well as we do.

Seriously, as long as you take the vehicle docs, there shouldn't be a problem in an EU country. As to the rest, if you were specific about how far was beyond, someone may be able to advise.

Reply to
Rich B

Well I thoght I might just try spain and portugal if the old girl obliges ( landy I mean ) cooking is what I am going for but a bit slower and dearer this time.Thanks for your post, its just that a friend spent several hours with the gendarmerie in his Jag during Le- Mans `cos of seat belts. Nick

Reply to
h HOWE

I think you'll always have potential for hassle without seat belts. As RB says if you have the docs with you it should mitigate it somewhat, but French Police either let you off 'cos they 'know' what they're looking at and understand, or go through everything with a fine-tooth comb.

If it's an 'interesting' vehicle then they may pull you just to check it out ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

There are some odd rules in France if I recall correctly with older vehicles and there equivalent of the MOT and driving between their equivalent of counties which all seem to be numbered by the vehicles reg plate.

Though seeing as you are running on UK Docs (wild guess) then you should be fine.

Reply to
Lee_D