Unfriendly locals?

Must have problems round Coventry with rampaging cattle or something to require the bull bar as shown

TL

Most definately ...

"It didn't bend when I rolled it or when the nice man with the Range Rover rolled it back. The barred up and braced front knocks over/destroys most trees, bushes,and Suzuki Jeeps"

Martin Tuip

That ain't no bull bar - kangaroo bar that.

Reply to
QuickDraw Steve

On or around Wed, 5 Nov 2003 22:30:50 -0000, "TL" enlightened us thusly:

now that's a proper bull bar.

I was thinking about a sheep-catcher along the lines of the old wild west trains - it'd have to hinge up out of the way for off-road use though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

don'e mean to dissapoint you, but here in oz, we see plenty of bull/kangaroo/buffalo-bars much larger than that. many people get them off mack-trucks and stick them onto holden utes to make them look feral. some people even fabricate their own, and some of those can be absolute whoppers. the best i saw was one about a metre high, with bars about 4 inches in diameter, on one of those small 4wd subaru utes. they look hilarious some of them, and downright dangerous.

Reply to
samuel mcgregor

I'm having one of those "I'm glad I'm not a tree" moments...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

48

You've never been to Coventry have you? :)

Reply to
Exit

Which reminds me...does any one make quick release welly racks for the back door?

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yep it is a regular hazard round here, Stampeding cattle, Buffalo, Kangaroos, Velociraptors, all the usual problems of living on a Council Estate.

Reply to
Larry

What part of Coventry do you live in ? there seem to be a few enthusiasts round here judging by what I have seen parked. Nearly every day I drive past a house with four of them outside.

Mind you every fourth car seems to a 4WD of some sort these days.

Reply to
Larry

As a resident of Coventry I can confirm the recent Cattle infestation. Although I must add that you should see the thickness of the arnco they put outside all the decent post offices, banks and jewellery shops around here for some reason ;-)

Mark

Reply to
Mark

> 48

what is there at coventry??? whole lot of nuns or something?

Reply to
samuel mcgregor

That'll be the house by the Fire station - I too live in Cov with my '76 Series 3, but that's not my pad. I've always seen them parked up..there are a large number of elderly Landys in the area, perhaps we should all meet up at some point...I'm dying to do some off roading but I've got no one to go with, not even the missus wants to join in!!

Reply to
Pacman

>> 48

A big sprawling concrete city that emerged from the rubble left by the luftwaffe - the only thing you are less likely to need than a roo-bar is any kind of aesthetic design sense. . . . . . . .

Reply to
Exit

I'm dying to do some off roading but I've got no one to go

Try and get on one of Si K's Cannock trips ....tell the Mrs it'a a picnic...which technically it is. Mrs D was well and truely converted from disinterested to questioning when the next one is.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Tile Hill eh. I am at Hereward College, watch out for a cream series 3 with two green doors and the odd splashes of primer being driven on both sides of the road at once :)

Reply to
Larry

My mum had a four wheel drive wheelchair which had a big advantage over a landie in that it also had four wheel steering. She did not realise how much power that thing had though when she ran into you. I remember her running into a heavy filing cabinet once and expressing surprise that it moved out of her way. Mind you she ran foul of the bollards by the City arcade once, but made the City pay up for the damage to her chair.

I can tell you I drove my limo in some pretty unsuitable forest roads in Wales so she could get out and do a bit of green laning in her chair.

Reply to
Larry

Tile Hill North, another one of those people who live in an ex council house. We only have Two landrovers on the drive and I use one of those on a daily basis.

SWMBO thinks that the project which was my previous runaround should go though. IF it does it will only get replaced with a more serious project!

Reply to
Mark

Would that be the collection of series ones by the Canley fire station going towards tesco's and warwick Uni?

Hmmm.... don't really want to reveal how much of a spotter I am.

If your interested in meeting up with likeminded (Coventry) souls for laning and such, check out this site.

I know a few off them from other interests such as potholing, but I hve been to see them in the pub a few times, seem a nice enought bunch....

Reply to
Mark