Weekly checks

Hello Gang. Just curious about the twin carbs on my v8 3.5. I generally do a weekly check over P.E.T.R.O.L. Seeing I now run on LPG, would starting on petrol still keep my twin carbs in good nick or will I need the servicing sometime. regards john

Reply to
john oakes

Have you got the vacuum piston lifters fitted to the carbs? If not then the needles and jets will be very worn as the flow of petrol lubricates them as the piston moves up and down. If you don't have the lifters then fit them and a new pair of needles and jets.

Regards

Phil Gardiner

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

Well Phil. Got lifters. Tried to start on petrol and oh did it struggle on choke. Soon as I released the choke everything went fine. So big lesson start on gas the switch over to petrol.

regards john

Reply to
john oakes

On another note. I have a 60 ltr gas tank what sort of milage should I expect to acheive. regards john

Reply to
john oakes

|| Hello Gang. || Just curious about the twin carbs on my v8 3.5. I generally || do a weekly check over P.E.T.R.O.L. Seeing I now run on LPG, would || starting on petrol still keep my twin carbs in good nick or will I || need the servicing sometime. || regards john

Whassat then? My Dad was taught POWER in the army (petrol, oil, water, electrics (battery), rubber (tyres)) which I still use today, but I've never heard of PETROL.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Hello Richard. Petroleum. Electrical. Tyres. Rubbers. Oil. Lubrication. This I learned from St Athans among other things in 1982. Someone may correct me if I maybe wrong. regards john

Reply to
john oakes

|| Rubbers.

Golly, the RAF think of everything.