Why........

does it take 8 (yes 8) diferent sized spanners to change the exhaust gasket on a Srs One, and why did I think that such an easy job would only take half an hour and not the 3 and a half hours ,three trips to the garage for assorted bolts that have run away with the sockets,it actualy took?

Reply to
Rory Manton

'cos it's a Land Rover...duh!

Neil Founder

(Fun, Friendly and FREE!)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Or 'cos it's 50 years old and probably had over a 100 different mechanics work on it . . . . . .

Reply to
Exit

At least all the nuts and bolts are Imperial sizes ... not a mixture of that and metric :-)

Regards Steve G

remove the nospam to email me

Reply to
SteveG

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, SteveG at snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.nospam.co.uk wrote on 2/10/03 19:36:

They were a mix of metric and imperial.I think next time I will take ALL the sockets, spanners and adjustables just to be sure.

Any news on the hardtop?

Reply to
Rory Manton

Next time I'd replace the bolts, nuts and studs with the right ones, so that the time after that the problem won't arise.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Nelson

in article snipped-for-privacy@man.ac.uk, Nick Nelson at snipped-for-privacy@man.ac.uk wrote on 3/10/03 8:09:

Done that, and will try to replace all the nuts,bolts and studs with, if not the right ones,some that are all the same.

Reply to
Rory Manton