why is nothing simple ever simple ?

I started out with the intention of replacing a washer jet.

Well I end up dismantling half the dashboard to gain access to the other side as I can't get the pipe through as the new jet takes a different diameter pipe than the original, then I cannot get the thingy off that the pipe goes through so I end up trying to drill the bloody thing out. because the nut like all of them is rusted solid and I can't get a spanner round it for love nor money. Not that drilling it is simple as my rechargable runs out of power, and to cap it all, it is pissing with rain.

When I finally do get that doodah shifted I shall have to make a replacement out of plastic tubing or something and glue it in place as I will have knackered the original completely.

All for a piddling washer jet.

Reply to
Larry

I suppose the upside, is having got the dash off I can see more rust I need to attend to, and the screws will come out more easily next time.

If only the rain would stop.

Reply to
Larry

:) S M I L E :)

Isn't that the charm of owning a LR.......?

Things could be worse...... You could be being dragged around Dorothy Perkins by the missus!!!!! :(

Spencer

Reply to
Spencer