Windscreen wipers slwoing down?

Voltage drop due to dirty contacts or poor erth perhaps ?

Reply to
Larry

Hi guys.

I've recently had an odd problem on my M-reg 300Tdi Disco. The front windscreen wipers are slowing down. They're no longer as fast as they used to be (no it's not me, I've compared them to the back one) and when they return to their starting position, they now stop about 3" short, quivering. I can touch the stalk down to get them to nudge back into position, but I have a feeling that there's something that needs sorting here.

Anyone seen this before?

Cheers, Aled.

Reply to
Aled

Had this a few times on trucks which turned out to be the spindles seizing up disconnected the motor and worked the arms while spraying with penetrating oil can't say I've seen it on a disco though

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

The slower speed, stopping short, quivering, suggests to me that some part of the mechanism is partly seized, but I am not familiar with Disco mechanism, so that is all I can help with, except the fact that the blades quiver suggests the partial seizure is close to the blade pivots, if not the pivots themselves. JD

Reply to
JD

Pants. I'll have to go and dig around when I finish my nighshifts this week. I guess I'll add copious lubrication for now and see how it fares.

Although on the bright side, some exercise seems to have done them a world of good. A spot of rain dampened the streets of London this morning and after a bit of use, they're back up to speed again. They're still stopping a little short however.

On the bright side, the new bull bar looks great. Picking it up from the Bearmach shop in Cardiff was fun. :) Need some spots to go on it now.

Nite nite. :) Aled.

Reply to
Aled