Woohoo!

white stuff.

I'm off out to play in the SIII.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Dave R

On or around 1 Mar 2006 03:00:51 -0800, "Dave R" enlightened us thusly:

I had sufficient fun today that it took a large tractor to extract it. Ooops. I'll also either have to repair the fence, or pay the bloke who's coming there to do fencing anyway in due course to do so.

score:

fence: -3 posts and about 20' of wire LR: -1 wing mirror, +scratches to bumper and front wing corners. face: lost. Hopefully one of the ankelbiters videoed the attempt to pull it with his dad's UNlandrover[1]...

See, people shouldn't say "don't try to come down the hill to our place, it's slippery", should they? 's unfair temptation, is that.

If I'd had about half a ton to put in the back, I reckon it would have reversed out - front wheel off edge of road = no grip on opposite back corner. Mind, if I'd had half a ton in the back, it might not have stopped at just putting one wheel off the edge, and had it gone over completely it'd have been a damned sight more difficult to recover.

Prize for blasé self-recovery goes to an almost-90-year-old in the same area who put his LR90 over the hedge, rolled 360 degrees, landed in the field on the wheels again, and drove out the gate, shutting it behind him. He'd have got away with it if the chap I went to see today (he of the UNlandrover) hadn't been watching.

[1] ex-UN 90 still in white with UN on the side, bought cheap with no engine and box and now fitted with a 2.8 NAD diahatsu and daihatsu box.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well sounds rather like what happened to me last time I had a run in with the white stuff, took a small crane to lift the front end high enough to reverse out.

Reply to
Larry

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 08:35:01 +0000, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

none here in lincolnshire..... :-(

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

nor in Sydney Australia!