225/60R16 on 2001 - LS430?

I just bought a 2001 LS430 with 19,500 miles on it.. Not much I know.. Anyways, I have some Michelin Arctic Alpines in the 225/60R16 size which I would like to put on this car when winter rolls around.. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with doing this in the 16 size.. One of the tire places I called, said you couldn't put 16" steels on the LS430.. So, they say they want to sell me some 16" alum rims.. If so, anyone make any suggestions on the cheapest way to go? I don't really care about the looks, style, condition of the alum rims, since it's for winter driving only..

Reply to
John

check out the tirerack they have package offers.

i use nokian on my origianl rims.

Reply to
Kleviy

This doesn't really answer my question.. Yes, I have nokians on my Corolla and would only buy those next time I buy winters.. But I have these perfectly good winters, which I don't want to discard.. So.. Which 16" alum will fit on this car then..

Reply to
John

Why "can't" they put steel rims on? They just don't exist or what?

Reply to
GRL

They said they don't clear the callipers? I don't know if that's true or not.. These guys seem to know their stuff.. They said 16" would fit.. But

16" won't.. Anyone have any experience?
Reply to
John

You have an LS430 and don't care what it looks like? Sometimes I just can't understand what makes some people tick. I really can't concieve putting steel rims with or without hubcaps on an LS430. Your attitude goes more in line with a chevy impala or maybe a Buick of some sort. No offense intended, just an observation. It sounds like you are a Buick type guy with Lexus means.

Reply to
Bob Muse

What i meant to say was that i decided not to get a different set of rims, just the tires.

and i switch them around mid October.

you can find rims that will fit your vehicle on tirerack - they advertise winter tire packages and i think they also sell just the rims.

Kleviy

Reply to
Kleviy

Oh come on! In the winter in a snow belt state NO CAR looks good for very long. The weather simply does not allow it plus the road salt can do a job on things like chromed allow wheels, anyway.

And here's another little secret (from the movie Fight Club): it's just a car, it's not you and you should never forget that.

Reply to
GRL