ECT Snow Button, RX300

The owners manual and a Google search is vague concerning the function of this on/off button. What exactly does it do? Does it change the point at which the transmission shifts to the next gear?

Reply to
Jim G

Yes.

Reply to
Ray O

The correct answer is that when you switch to "snow," the transmission will start off in second gear instead of first gear. This action will allow the car to move will less torque which will help to keep a good grip in the snow so you wont spin your tires.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

Reply to
McPhallus

The power setting on the ECT button delays shift points and makes downshifts more readily.

Reply to
Ray O

Sorry Ray O, that's all wrong! It starts the tranny in second gear.

Reply to
Wayne

Look at the question I was responding to. My response is not all wrong. The power setting on the ECT button does delay shift points. Placing the ECT in power mode will not start the transmission in second gear.

The snow mode starts the transmission in second gear.

Reply to
Ray O

Sorry Ray O, you are correct. I read the message too fast.

Reply to
Wayne

No problem, I've done it many times myself!

Reply to
Ray O