Fuel Cleaners

I a novice when i comes to cars and someone told me using a fuel system or injector cleaner can improve the cars performance. whats the difference between the two? does it work? cv

Reply to
Snoop

They are different names for the same product. This can be useful if your fuel system is dirty, but will not improve performance otherwise.

I have used Techron every few months as a preventative measure and have had no fuel system problems yet in any of my cars and trucks. On the other hand, some people say these products are unnecessary and you only need to use quality fuel and change the fuel filter on a regular basis, which is something I also do.

Techron or similar products are cheap enough that I will continue to use a bottle or two every few months. I figure it can't hurt and might help keep deposits from forming in the fuel system. Steve

Reply to
sf/gf