re: blue tooth phone

I have a 2005 es 330 with Navigation System the dealer tells me that this vehicle is not blue tooth compatible. Do you have different information?

Reply to
Burt

As far a I know your car should be blue tooth compatible. The rub is not many phones (none that I have tried with Verizon) work completely. They fail in one way or another. I have been able to use a phone and have a conversation, but none of the other features work properly or reliably. But - the car is definitely blue tooth. I haven't figured out where the problem is or if the problem is distributed between phones, phone companies and car.

Hope this helps a little.

slosaul

Reply to
slosaul

These are two different issues. The car either has bluetooth or it does not. You can easily test for that by asking the dealer or by trying to connect a bluetooth device.

The second has to do with Verizon having disabled the directory transfer feature in their phones. Once can make a connection and use the phone, but the phone's database is not automatically downloaded into the memory of the bluetooth device. One can transfer the entries individually, but defeats the purpose. Many are challenging Verizon regarding this.

===========BuckShot LeFunk =1998 LS 400

1999 E320 4-Matic

Burt wrote:

Reply to
Burt

The 2005/2006 ES330 Navigation system is not bluetooth compatible. I would suspect the redesigned ES for 2007 to have the new Generation 5 system and will be compatible.

Reply to
msb