Why cant Toyota or Honda make a car that drives just like a BMW?

Absolutely I am. My Olds is as reliable as my Lexus. As I said in other posts, I never experienced reliability problems with the GM cars I owned. Of course, like the word "wonderful", the definition of the word "reliable" is also relative. All I can say is that while i'ts true that my Lexus does not break down often, neither does my Olds even though it has a third more mileage on it (200 000ks vs 300 000).

The reason I wrote in praise of Olds is not because I want to downgrade Lexus. When I say that my Olds is quieter than my Lexus, I am recognizing ipso facto the expected quietness of a Lexus! It's just that, based on my personal experience, big GM cars do not get the credit they deserve, I feel. They are much better cars than the impression you get from the press and import cars enthusiasts. When you factor in the price differential and the lower cost of replacement parts, they are a tremendous value. (Too bad the're so darn ugly. Buicks anyway. Hopefully this guy Lutz will make a difference eventually)

A.Z.

Reply to
A.Z

This is just not true. IS300 was designed and built to be a 3-series killer, not the GS. No one will try to build something and call it a 3-series killer without offering a 5 speed manual transmittion. A low-end GS has 220hp which is about a high end 3-series. That's not right...

In fact, I was trying to pick between a 325i and a IS300 when I was buying a car a few months ago. The 325i that I tested was with sport suspension. Logically the ride in the IS was much better - firmer and accurate and yet comfortable. The 325i, even though with sport suspension, was too soft. I believe the 330i with sport suspension has the same suspension too.

Then added the reliability and the price, there was no competition. I picked the IS300, although my heart is still in a European car.

Reply to
Kennis Lee

Lutz I think will make a difference. He's already taken a car thats really taken off over here (the GMH Holden Monaro) and had it LHD prepared and shipped to the US as the new Pontiac GTO... although GTO diehards call it a total abortion and a slur on the name.

He's obviously a car enthusiast and recognizes other parts of GM building something the US market could use. Don't be suprised if he also recognizes the Monaro's twin, the Commodore, as a good replacement for the Caprice. After all, you can still buy Caprices in the middle-east, but lo and behold they *ARE* a Commodore... with a new front fascia.

GMH are doing things that are exciting the rest of the company at long last. Lutz recognizes this I think. He's got the idea. Keep an eye out people, Australian hardware is a-coming! :-)

And I say GMs are good reliable machines too - sure my Toyota has a horrendous mileage and is in good order, but I haven't had any issues with

3800 powered Holdens in the time I've spent with them, and that includes my Fiero3800.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson