Alloy wheel corrosion

I never wash my cars anyway. A liberal collection of bugs and road filth improves the aerodynamic efficiency by reducing the laminar flow layer that causes drag on smooth surfaces. For reference look into why golf balls fly further with dimples. I save time on washing and improve top speed and fuel consumption into the bargain. Whether WUL contans salt becomes academic if you don't wash your car :)

Reply to
Dave Baker

Not all that good for your paint though.

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

The message from snipped-for-privacy@aol.comNoEmails (Dave Baker) contains these words:

I washed one once. Green it was. In places.

Reply to
Guy King

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Nick ( snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

A tin of Dulux isn't exactly expensive, even if you are profligate enough to use a *new* brush.

Reply to
Adrian

You've just given me the excuse I need to paint my car in hammerite, great rust protection and a loverly dimpled finish ;)

Reply to
Stuart

Got the T shirt I have. Already done it years ago, it was an aged Datsun

120Y, and I did it in the smooth black metallic hammerite, and used a brush of course :-)
Reply to
Andy Hewitt

This is Usenet - *everything* is worth arguing over !! I do possess some proper shampoo too...

Reply to
John Laird

"Dissolves" ? Even at 60C, higher concentrations, and assisted with a scouring pad, it has trouble removing stuff from some of my dishes ;-)

You can take it from this that I'm mildly sceptical about the polish-stripping efficacy of mild detergent solutions. But yes, I have Autoglym super resin polish and the stuff that goes on top of that, and they do get used regularly (the polish not quite so regularly).

Reply to
John Laird

So you're arguing just for the sake of it then!

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

The message from snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Andy Hewitt) contains these words:

No I'm not.

Reply to
Guy King

I'm guessing this is the full half-hour...

Reply to
John Laird

You mean, you'll take it with a pinch of salt?

I'll get me coat.

Reply to
James Dore

Ba-boom tssh. Time to let this one die !

Reply to
John Laird

James Dore ( snipped-for-privacy@new.oxford.ac.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Presumably you need to be especially careful on sluggish cars?

Reply to
Adrian

'oh yes you are' :-)

Reply to