Almera?:Good Car?

Do quite a few miles on a daily basis so need something that will handle it (the 416 is knackerd) have a budget of about 5k The almera seems to fit the bill both the Almera S and E models are in my price range. Anyone any knowledge of good or bad points of the Almera?

Reply to
Colin Mckechnie

The fuel consumptions not great.

Reply to
Duncanwood

For the past few years they have been unanimously voted our least favourite hire car at work; compared to most other stuff they are relatively noisy, unrewarding to drive, and worst of all everyone finds them uncomfortable even on a short (100 mile) run.

Reply to
Newshound

Not exciting cars, but reliable, comfortable, and do the job. The 1.5 is a bit gutless, though the fuel consumption is good. The 1.8 is nice to drive. Seats are comfortable, fuel consumption is around 35 MPG (40 MPG on long runs) with a 1.8 automatic. Only thing I don't like about it is the lack of a glove compartment light, but I can live with that.

Reply to
pyruse