Applying for licence after ban

In 2005 I lost my licence for 3 years. I was told that after 2 years I could go back to court and apply for my licence back. Has anyone here had any experience of doing this?

Neil Baker

Reply to
neilbaker

Your question seems inapplicable to this car maintenance NG. It may be better to address your enquiry elsewhere; perhaps uk.legal?

In any case, IMHO you are likely to need the services of a solicitor.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

A guy at work got a ban of 18 months, or 12 months if he went on a drink driving course (I thought he had already proved his skill in that already...) He reckons he can apply for it back a month or two in advance, to be delivered on the day of the end of the ban(in provisional form!). He has to retake his test, but is looking into doing the theory in advance of the un-banning date.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

indeed, where you drunk in charge of a spanner or somthing ?

Reply to
mr p

If it was drink related you may have to prove you no longer have a drink problem. This involves medical testing which shows your drinking over the years, and may well involve total abstinence for 3 months or so for the thingies in the blood to come back to normal. Not just a case of passing a breathalyzer. Happened to a pal at work and he never did get his licence back. Dead now, of course.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah, you've double posted it. For the benefit of those who didn't see the first time/have forgotton,

clive

Reply to
Clive George

Good luck. If I recall, you were banned for your second DD offence weren't you?

Reply to
Conor

Basically a 3yr ban means it's your second offence. Your chance of getting it are zero.

Reply to
Conor

Conor ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Oh, it's _him_...

Second ban, twice the limit despite it being the morning after, no insurance, failing to provide a sample - and thinks he's hard done by.

Reply to
Adrian

T'was a long thread.

Still, if he gets his licence back a year earlier, it'll be a year earlier that he ends up in Prison for his third DD.

Reply to
Conor

Yeah true mate 2nd and last offence

Neil Baker

Reply to
neilbaker

I was over the limit and pleaded guilty and got whatwas comin to me

Neil Baker

Reply to
neilbaker

I just find it incredulous that you even entertain the idea that you think you should be entitled to your licence back early.

Reply to
Conor

"Conor" wrote

Whatever the moral rights or wrongs, he is entitled to apply for his ban to be lifted after two years.

"If you have been disqualified from driving for more than two years, the law permits you to apply for a reduction in the period of your disqualification under certain conditions".

Source...

Knight Of The Road

If he is willing to break the law DD, what makes you think he needs a license to drive?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

Most sentences can earn remission. But don't worry - if he's still a piss head he'll never get his licence back.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Might not getting insurance be a problem as well ??

Reply to
Sam Farrell

Come on, he got what was coming to him. Never mind the fact that due to his stupidity he could very easily have killed someone eh?

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

I didnt hurt anyone nor was I anywhere near that

Neil Baker

Reply to
neilbaker

Fuck off!

The fact that even now after two bans, you can't accept that you were a danger to other road users demonstrates that you are a menace to society and you don't deserve to get your licence back.

I bet you still think you were fit to drive on those occasions that you were over the limit (and I'll bet that was more than the two times you were caught).

Reply to
Paul Giverin