Astra Mk 3 Indicator remove/replace

Hi, I'm replacing the indicator on my sister's friend's Vauxhall Astra Mark 3, 1997. As I don't want to look like a total pillock, could anyone please give me a brief run-down of how to get it out? I've had a quick look (in the dark) and it looks suspiciously like I have to take off the front grill and the headlamp in order to get the indicator out.

Conversely, I've bought the new unit and its shape suggests it may slide forward on a couple of grooves, once I have released it from a sort of castellated boss next to the headlamp.

Therefore, could anyone set me straight?

Thanks in advance

Luke

Reply to
Wingedcat

I think the latter, but there is also screw to remove, accessible from the top.

The Other Mike