Astra Noisees

OK y'all im a complete novice with cars, a student also so im mega broke right now... My P-Reg Astra 1.7 is making horrible noises in lower revs.

So in 1st or 2nd it is really noisy untill revs are picked up... this continues up to 10 mins into the journey... been a great runner till now, just passed its MOT last month with no probs... I'm thinking it might be nothing, but i'm also thinking it might be everything!

If i have the clutch down and increase revs, it 'squeels' till the revs are quite high. then its fine...

any help would be faaantastic...

tom

p.s. 'tis a deisel too

Reply to
Floppyarms

Maybe just a slack fan/drive belt ? (if you're lucky)

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Sounds like a loose alternator drive belt.

Pretty easy to tighten/change, even a student should be able to manage it. (Even a student who cant spell)

Reply to
SimonJ

If it's a squealing noise, spray some water on the alternator belt, if it stops it then the belt needs tightening/replacing.

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)