Audi 80 1995 Air bag light stopping on for 2 minutes

My Audi 80 Air bag light has started to come on for 2 minutes after i start the engine, then goes out and is ok for the remainder of the journey.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, read on another site (american) the one owner had to take it in to a dealer to get the codes cleared but was constantly getting the problem.

Would disconnecting the battery for an hour have the same affect of the ecu clear code.

Thanks.

Reply to
chip_one

You can clear them yourself with Vag-Com. ALthough if that's the only thibg you want to do then you rlocal independent will be cheaper. It's probably worth checking the seatbelt pretensioner connecters.

Reply to
Duncanwood

i don't have the pre tensioner on mine, car is too old. will probably try the battery option and see. Cost nothing.

Reply to
chip_one

Are you sure? I've nor seen one without at that age. Batterys worth a try, obviously radio codes a potential issue & leave it a couple of hours. However it's not supposed to clear the code.

Reply to
Duncanwood

The message from chip snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com contains these words:

The ProCon10 system dates from about that age. My A100 has it.

Reply to
Guy King