Audi 80 cambelt

Looking to buy one of these cars. Can someone tell me what the specified service schedule is for the cam belt?

Reply to
gazzafield

gazzafield ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.thank.you) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Without documented evidence it's been done, about a week after you buy it.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from gazzafield contains these words:

Wouldn't that depend on which engine?

Reply to
Guy King

OK, allegedly has been done at 70,000 and now shows 101,000. 2 litre engine.

Reply to
gazzafield

every 70 thousand will be fine

Reply to
mrcheerful

gazzafield ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.thank.you) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

"Allegedly"...

Reply to
Adrian

Who'd you think you are? Roger Moore?

Reply to
gazzafield

gazzafield ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.thank.you) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, just somebody who's permacynical of any claims made by people trying to sell me a used car.

As far as the history of the belt changes goes - there's really only one thing that matters... It's not broken yet. I don't care if it's had 10k changes since new or it's still on the original. It's not broken. Yet.

However, without *proof* of the belt (and if appropriate, tensioner) having been changed within an interval I felt comfortable with, it's the first thing I'd have done. Cheap insurance.

Reply to
Adrian

Assuming you've got the 8V then 80000m, needs the tensioner changing at the same time, takes about an hour the first time you do it, I'm down to about 15minutes now :-(

Reply to
Duncan Wood