BMW boot seals

Just bought this 316i, water collecting around spare wheel. Any advice?

Thanks in anticipation... cheers mark mcr

Reply to
m.darbey

Usually comes in round the lights.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Thanks, Dave,I'll get the hose on it and check it out. I rustproofed and painted the boot on Thursday, it rained last night and by this morning there was an inch of water in there, I can't work out how it could have gotten in sooo quickly...

cheers mark mcr

Reply to
m.darbey

If it's a massive leak, climb inside the boot with a torch, close the lid and get a (good;-)) friend to play a hose on it. Another trick I've heard of but not tried is to sprinkle talcum powder over the likely places - this will show the water runs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Thanks again, Dave, it's curious but I tried all the above (below) and using a hose for ten minutes - nothing! It started raining and there's a puddle in the boot again! ;-(

I won't give up... cheers mark mcr

Reply to
m.darbey

found this link: