BMW Wheels

Hi,

I'm on the look-out for a set of 5 imperial-size alloy wheels for my '95 BMW

525 Touring (E34). The ones that are on it are the metric ones, and I'm having real problems finding tyres for it.

Something like 225/55 R16 would be ideal...I don't need anything fancy. Wheels off an E39 would be ok too...I can get spigots to make 'em fit.

I'm in central-ish Scotland, if anyone knows of any not too far away.

Thanks,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

Same wheel and tyre size as OEM ones for an E34.

4, but just make the best metric wheel and tyre the spare.Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Just look on ebay - they're going to be 2 a penny (almost)

Reply to
adder1969

What the other bloke said. Ebay. Most people want bigger wheels, so the smaller (as in, 15", 16") wheels are often going cheap complete with a set of tyres on ebay. I know someone who's found out it's cheaper to buy second hand wheels and tyres than wheels...

Reply to
Doki

I obviously meant wheels and tyres than tyres. My brain isn't working this morning.

Reply to
Doki

Ah well, anyone got a spare v40 steel wheel (There seem to be none in the scrappys round here & the Ovlov dealer is confused by the idea of a steel wheel)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Works for me. I got a set of four decent alloys with newish Dunlops (still with rubber spikes) on for £80..

I could only just have managed to get part-worns fitted on my steel wheels for that..

Reply to
PCPaul

When my brother bought an E34 on metric wheels, it was cheaper to buy a set of wheels and tyres from his local Chav motoring emporium than it was to buy a set of tyres.

Reply to
SteveH