Brake Grease

Copper Grease is used for ruptured appendixes now?? Boy is it ever a wonderful creation! ;)

Seriously, and weak spelling flame aside, surely the makers have to have some evidence to back up their claims? Otherwise I can see them getting into a lot of trouble..

I've got a tub of copper grease to try and sure the squeal on my front brakes before the neighbours complain when I come home late at night. The anti squeal shims aren't there anymore (got a bit bent when replacing pads), so this'll be an acid test, so to speak. If my brakes quietenned down, and stay that way for a few months [1], then the chances are copper grease does the job. If not, then it'll come in handy anyway, so not a complete waste of a couple of quid.

[1] - Or less, as I think one of the discs is on it's way out, so everything's going to be getting replaced if it is... Some time...
Reply to
Stuffed

Not if what you quoted is correct, re read it, 'Helps prevent' is a wonderfully non descriptive phrase - even tap water will probably help, but it won't cure the problem IYSWIM....

Reply to
Jerry.

both on the backs of brake pads and shims and on brake shoe pivots. It is the correct thing to use but it is not intended to replace anti squeal shims!

Reply to
radar

[ re Copperslip and it's use on brake componants ]

I know it's common practice to use it on brake components in the motor trade, so is hitting seven bells out of components that won't come apart with out a bit of thought, it doesn't make it correct practice though...

Reply to
Jerry.

Tis however specified by many manufacturers service manuals for the anti squeal shims

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I don't see it fully curing the problem on my car - But I'm intrigued to find out if it helps at all :)

Reply to
Stuffed