budget tyres

Fred (Don' snipped-for-privacy@hidden.co.us) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It means you have a vested interest in selling 'em. Same as the bloke who told the OP that Kumho were cheaper Michelins.

I notice you don't deny my comments about taxi companies, though.

Reply to
Adrian

[...]

Use the budgets until they wear out, they're not that bad! Unless your lap times are in the doldrums and you need those few extra tenths...

I've used budget tyres and good tyres and I do think the good ones are better, and I'd buy them the next time around unless you're on a budget. But the difference is not massive.

Reply to
Ben C

I know about tyres so I never had to read anything!

You're just using Google , I Know about Michelin!

The differnce in price between Kumho and Michelin when bought by Volkswagen is pennys.

Why don't they use the larger Korean tyre company?

Reply to
Fred

thanks for all your opinions ,, but to be honest amongst people who will read this thread how much more trade is Fred going to get by saying austone are not too bad ? zero probably .. I think he ( like the others ) is just giving his opinion

Reply to
shell

Ben C ( snipped-for-privacy@spam.eggs) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yes, they are.

Unless some f****it steps off the kerb right in front of you and you need those few extra feet stopping distance.

Reply to
Adrian

Fred (Don' snipped-for-privacy@hidden.co.us) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Quite.

Indeed. Multiply that by a million cars...

Never heard of a Chaebol before?

Reply to
Adrian

shell ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

After the thorough discrediting he got here a few months back when he let his gob run away from him, revealing how thoroughly dodgy his MOT station is, that's about the same amount of business he'd get if he offered them free.

Reply to
Adrian

Then the f****it gets a lesson in Darwinism. Roads are for cars.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

So, the species evolves to only step off the kerb in front of people riding on quality Michelins?

Reply to
Ben C

I own a tyre fitting company but my opinion is honest and unbiased, my daughters all have Kumho tyres on their cars. Fred is not my real name and I do not spam my company so I am unlikely to get any extra sales, all tyres sold in the UK have passed government tests to prove that they are safe. Some tyres have better grip than others and some last longer but in normal driving you would not notice any difference between the cheapest budget and the most expensive brand name. The only tyre I would never recommend is a remould, I just don't trust the process they use to retread a tyre.

Reply to
Fred

Fred (Don' snipped-for-privacy@hidden.co.us) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

My own personal experience on several different cars with several different brands of budget tyre differs _wildly_ from your generalisation.

Reply to
Adrian

Until you mentioned it No, but I do know about tyres which is what this thread is about.

Reply to
Fred

You've obviously not driven a metro cab :-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Fred (Don' snipped-for-privacy@hidden.co.us) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Does it provide a likely answer to your question, though?

I'm sure you're very good at selling and fitting them.

Reply to
Adrian

Unless they are like a lot of Michelin and have been made in Poland, even the Michelin that are still made in France have less straight line stopping ability than some budgets.

Reply to
Fred

Where does it say that in the Highway Code?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Don't Metro Cabs use van tyres anyway? I know they have van wheels.

Reply to
SteveH

Oh dear have I showed again that you are a biased know nothing?

Reply to
Fred

Fred (Don' snipped-for-privacy@hidden.co.us) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Hmmm. Let's look round this thread.

How many people are saying budget tyres are good? One. How many people sell budget tyres? One.

Strangely, there seems to be a high degree of correlation between those two groups.

And I'm biased?

Anyway, for a "know-nothing", you've learnt at least two facts from me in this thread, haven't you?

But we can't get better than you. After all, you're a Kwik-Fit-Fitter...

Reply to
Adrian