Cars in films

There's conflicting evidence to support either system. I don't think it makes much difference which kind of barrier is used, the only ones I really dislike are the wire barriers. Fine in a car, lethal on a bike.

Reply to
SteveH

We've been watching the reruns of the Dukes of Hazzard on Paramount just recently. Brilliant fun but why, if the Duke boys are the best drivers in Hazzard County, is the sherriff usually only 5 seconds behind them? Mind you Daisy Duke mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reply to
Malc

The message from "Malc" contains these words:

Beware of fast women and loose cars.

Reply to
Guy King

Only if you could rewind back 20 years.... she's a right old dog now.

Reply to
SteveH

Ropey front tyres I think. Not doing anything about it as the car will be on its way in a couple of weeks, it's done it's job for me now.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Oh I dunno, I still wouldn't climb over her to get to you.

Malc

The case for the prosecution rests, m'lud.

Reply to
SteveH

I think it spoils women when they wear suits and sunglasses together.

Reply to
Marvin The Mouse

Just thought I'd mention a certain Ford Granada and Neh Neh Neeeeehhh.

Any more clues needed? :)

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

if it's the Granny I think you mean, it's still on the road.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

I once saw a piece where they used a Classic Saab 900, much cherished by Saab enthusiast. But as it was old, you just knew they were going to crash it - my heart sank...

Reply to
Johannes

Worst one to me was when they trashed a very nice Zephyr II on The Royal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Giles' DS on buffy :-(

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Speaking of which, I watched a re-run of the drama about the hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper last week, and was struck by their use of a Mk1 Escort panda car, apparently in 1979 when it would have been at least 5 years old, and a HB Viva panda, which was still parked outside the police station in the last scene. By 1981 that car would have been at least 11 years old...

Reply to
Chris Bolus

The message from "Clive George" contains these words:

Oh no! Bastards. They /appeared/ to blow up a DS in the film Diva, but I suspect they stop-framed something tatty in its place.

Reply to
Guy King