Cheap Supplier: buypartsby.co.uk

I ordered mid and backbox for my car from here for £70.54 inc VAT & Delivery on early hours of monday morning, it turned up here today before i'd been notified it had even left!

Excellent service, and £100 cheaper than other quotes i've had, and £200 cheaper than the dearest.

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul. A. Latham

For the same make and quality? Cheap exhausts often don't make sense if you're keeping the car.

Not implying this is the case here, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Most likely, they supply, ISTR, Timax exhausts, bodyshopwarehouse supply Bosal. You're going to get either of these brands if you go to a workshop for a new exhaust.

Reply to
SteveH

Well the front pipe they sold me was definitely more cheaply made than the one it was going to replace. BUt it was so much cheaper I really don't care (I might even fit it one day :-) )

Reply to
DuncanWood

It is a Timax exhaust and it has a two-year guarantee. It was a standard Rover 820/Vitesse exhaust and it replaced a genuine Unipart (Rover's old parts supplier) Vitesse Sport (slightly bigger bore) exhaust and the car is quieter than ever and also performs better as the Vit Sport exhaust meant the turbo spooled up like a windmill but had more power flat out, which of course I never got to see.

Saying that though, it got up to 70 in 4th on a 13% hill I often travel up a lot quicker than the car used to, and carried on pulling until i realised it was going to keep going and changed to fifth. I'm attributing this to the turbo spooling up better as it kicks in just before 3,000rpm and the gradient begins in a 30 zone so i'm only doing about 2,000ish at the bottom. So much for the alleged benefit of the bigger bore Vit Sport exhaust, it's only benefit would be once you're in turbo territory and staying there ie. the Autobahn?

Unless the old exhaust had always been a dud.

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul. A. Latham