Citroen AX clutch change

I am at present trying to change the clutch on my ladies Citroen AX. Consulting the Haynes book of lies it says that I can drop the transmission under the car by removing the usual bolts and the 4 transmission bolts.Support the trany on a jack and the engine, then spilt the (bell housing) clutch housing from the motor and it slides off. Well it don`t. The back end splits but the front seems to be jamming on the lower front dowel. Is there a point where I can screw in a bolt and jack the front out, or is there a trade trick to split the swine. HELP me please

Reply to
jimbotwo1

the dowel on the front rusts and grows, it then locks in the hole, spray with wd40, insert a lever and squeeze the back together which will lever the front apart.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful