Citroen ZX general repair

hey, this is my first post to this group.

i have (or rather will be) 'inherating' my parents Citroen ZX 1.9TD (1995) but there are a few things buging me. for one the central locking doesnt work at all, it used to but gave up the ghost about 4 years ago. does anyone know what the problem could be and is it worth me getting a Haynes manual and trying to repair it myself or just take it to our local citroen garage? also one of our keys snapped off in the boot lock and is now stuck there and we use the other half of the key to wedge in to open the boot, is there any way of gatting the bit out or not?

cheers

joe

Reply to
Joe

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

I must admit that in my experience Citroen central locking is not brilliantly reliable. My BX c/l gave up the ghost and the Haynes manual doesn't even tell you where the control unit is. The XM packed up too and I didn't even bother looking. The Xantia has been fine so far on this score but .... Check for a blown fuse because they do have a habit of popping.

The boot lock should be dismantleable. I have done it with a snapped off key in the ignition lock (after the garage replaced the lock though). You'll probably have to get the trim off the inside of the tailgate to get at it

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc