Clio RSI

I am about to buy a Renault Clio RSI - registered 1995 and 53,000 miles.

Can't seem to find out when cambelt should be changed - 70,000 miles or after (say) 5 years? The car is still on its original belt.

Have changed a cambelt on a 1995 Mondeo - is the Clio's any more difficult? If a garage has to do it - any idea of the approx cost - someone told me £300.

Thanks for any advise you can give.

................ Remove the sea bird if you want to reply.

Reply to
Robin

Original belt is 9 years old, good LORD get it done now, please :)

I'd be afraid to drive it! £300 sounds a bit much? Surely its not an engine out job?

Reply to
Dan405

Been quoted £165 all in for the 1.4 of the same shape, at Nationwide autocentres.

It can't be that different...

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Jennings

Thanks for all your help and replies.

£160+ is reasonable - and yes, it will get changed PDQ.