Clio wiper problem.

The gf has a 1997 clio (last facelift of the first shape).

After the ice a couple of days back, the wipers have stopped parking.

Both speeds still work fine, but intermittent runs continuously, and the wipers just stop wherever they are on the screen when you switch them off.

What is likely to have broken ? Motor? or relay?

Also does anyone know how much of a pain the motor is to change if that's the problem?

Thanks.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Jennings

I don't know the exact motor, but most have a fairly simple cam operated set of contacts for the self parking. Cleaning them may help.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Also sprach "Dave Plowman (News)" :-

More of a wiper and segments set-up, usually. As well as cleaning they often just need the contact springs bending up a bit.

Reply to
Guy King

Check the fuse. You may think this is an unlikely cure but it was my problem.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Robin Graham

Thanks all,